Thursday 14 January 2016

Little Box of Crochet

Hello there lovely people,
today I thought I'd share my new found love, Little Box of Crochet. Some of you may already be aware of this lovely lady, Amanda Bloom, and follow her on Instagram or Facebook.
If you haven't you can read her amazing story HERE

Little Box of Crochet is a monthly subscription to a boxful of wonderful crochet-ness! The company has been up and running for a few months now and I've been following their journey closely over at Instagram (and drooling over the lovely photos!)

This month I finally gave in and took up a subscription. I waited excitedly for my parcel to arrive...then one gloomy January morning my Postie bought me a parcel with this sticker on,

"Are you excited?" Ummm? Yes!

As you can imagine I opened it pretty quickly and was amazed with what I found.

The packaging alone is absolutely beautiful and professional looking. (If the box is this good, then what's inside?!)

I slowly opened the box to reveal this,

It was like Christmas all over again!

Inside I found a pattern for a beautiful ear warmer by designer Kate Eastwood of Just Pootling. You can see her amazing blog HERE
There was also all the yarn I needed, which included Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Smokey Quartz.
It was fate! I had been coveting this scrummy yarn for months and one of the projects I really wanted to make this year was an ear warmer!
As well as the yarn, I had everything else I needed to complete the project. A Knitpro hook, a sewing needle, a stitch marker and even a label from Just Pootling, for that designer finish.

First thing, make a cup of tea. Next, get comfy, now time to crochet!

The pattern was amazing! So straight forward and really easy to follow, with both written and pictorial instructions.
The pattern called for bobble stitch details all along the ear warmer. I was a little bit nervous of these, but the instructions for this part were brilliant. Lots of step-by-step words and pictures.

So, I followed all the instructions for the crochet parts,

then it was time to sew it all together.

Wow! I love it! I love the colour, I love the bobbles, I love the bow, I love the yarn...I just LOVE it! And now I have the pattern I can make as many as I like. Oh, and now a good excuse to buy some more Scheepjes Stone Washed XL. They have so many beautiful colours. I'll be heading over to Wool Warehouse soon to make a purchase. Why not have a look yourself, http://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/

This project took me just under four hours from start to finish and I enjoyed every minute.
So, if you love crochet and want to try something new every month then I highly recommend you head straight over to http://www.littleboxofcrochet.co.uk/ and sign up now, you won't be disappointed!

Now, hurry up February, I'm ready for my next crochet fix!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise to see this in my Instagram feed! Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like it! I'm going to be opening up a lot more subscriptions soon so it's all very exciting! Big hugs Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look at my little blog. I really enjoyed this months box and I'm so glad I took the plunge and subscribed! Thanks again x

      Delete