Wednesday 20 January 2016

Colour, Colour, Colour!

A lot of you fellow crocheters will be aware of the amazing idea of 'yarn pegs'. I first saw them on the Attic 24 blog. I see so many people using this system on Instagram and I love to see what colour combinations you all come up with.

My yarn pegs are made using Stylecraft Special DK, there are so many colours it's great to have a little bit of each colour to play around with.

I don't quite have a complete collection, but here are my yarn pegs. 
I know I won't be the only one, but there is something so satisfying about seeing all these colours lined up in order.

Sometimes you know exactly what sort of colours you want to use for a project and the yarn pegs are a great way of checking they all go and what order you want to use them in. But sometimes I just like to play around and make notes of combinations I like, ready for future projects. 
Here are a few I've come up with recently,
From left to right,
Parchment, Pistachio, Aspen, Plum and Pomegranate 


From left to right,
Cream, Wisteria, Sherbert, Turquiose and Candyfloss

Clockwise from the left,
Parchment, Mocha, Walnut, Denim, Cloud Blue and Duck Egg

From top to bottom, 
Citron, Sunshine, Cloud Blue, Turquoise, Lime and Meadow 

Vintage style rainbow, from left to right,
Claret, Tomato, Gold, Meadow, Storm Blue, Violet, Plum and Mocha

Bright rainbow, from top to bottom,
Lipstick, Spice, Sunshine, Kelly Green, Turquiose, Violet, Magenta and Cream

From top to bottom, 
Mustard, Gold, Fushia Purple, Plum, Empire, Petrol, Pistachio, Lime, Mocha and Walnut. 

I'd love to know what colour combinations you have come up with and what projects you have used them for.
If you want to know where you can buy Stylecraft yarn have a look on my Favourite Stockists page. 

Have fun!

1 comment: